Error in audio packet header!

Don McAllister donmc at b...
Thu, 23 May 2002 11:56:23 +0100

OK, I'm using TivoApp v2.2.0 on a Windows 98SE PC. Tivo is a UK PAL
2.5.5 machine with new 120GB Disk and TurboNet Card.

I've been able to extract from the Tivo using TivoApp as mpeg files and
these usually can play within PowerDVD. I think I hit problems initially
because I had VBR on the Tivo and I presume TivoApp\Extractstream didn't
like this too much. I switched off "Save disk space" now and the last
two extracts have come off OK.

I'm having zip success with converting these files to VCD or SVC as
TMPGenc doesn't seem to recognize the audio stream. When playing with
PowerDVD the audio appears fine.

After downloading a copy of MpegProperties from www.vcdhelp.com to check
them out, when I load a Tivo mpeg file I get 5 dialog boxes saying
"ERROR in audio packet header!" then the file opens and I can see the
info for the video stream.

If I try to load the file in TMPGenc using drag and drop, the file goes
into the filename space for the video but no entry for the audio.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Don