[ExtractStream] Error in audio packet header!

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Thu, 23 May 2002 08:16:26 -0700 (PDT)

--- Don McAllister <donmc@b...> wrote:
> OK, I'm using TivoApp v2.2.0 on a Windows 98SE PC. Tivo is a UK PAL
> 2.5.5 machine with new 120GB Disk and TurboNet Card.
>
> I've been able to extract from the Tivo using TivoApp as mpeg files
> and
> these usually can play within PowerDVD. I think I hit problems
> initially
> because I had VBR on the Tivo and I presume TivoApp\Extractstream
> didn't
> like this too much. I switched off "Save disk space" now and the
> last two extracts have come off OK.
>
> I'm having zip success with converting these files to VCD or SVC as
> TMPGenc doesn't seem to recognize the audio stream. When playing
> with PowerDVD the audio appears fine.

Have you seen my page? There are many ideas on what to do if a
certain step doesn't pan out...

http://tivo.30below.com/zmerch/

> After downloading a copy of MpegProperties from www.vcdhelp.com to
> check
> them out, when I load a Tivo mpeg file I get 5 dialog boxes saying
> "ERROR in audio packet header!" then the file opens and I can see
> the info for the video stream.
>
> If I try to load the file in TMPGenc using drag and drop, the file
> goes into the filename space for the video but no entry for the
audio.

> Any ideas?

Have you tried converting the audio to a .wav file in winamp? Winamp
might be more forgiving to the fubar'd audio records, and TMPGenc
works well with straight wave files...

HTH,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger