Error in audio packet header!

artships0 douglass at n...
Fri, 24 May 2002 06:08:47 -0000

--- In ExtractStream@y..., "Don McAllister" <donmc@b...> wrote:
> I'm having zip success with converting these files to VCD or SVC as
> TMPGenc doesn't seem to recognize the audio stream.

Hey, Don!

As Josh has pointed out earlier, the streams from TiVo are in
"transport stream" format, whilst the streams most programs are
expecting are in "presentation stream" format. As Roger reminded you,
use DVD2AVI to create a project, feeding the resulting *.d2v to
TMPGEnc. Again, you could do a lot worse than to follow Roger's
comprehensive guide at http://www.30below.com/%7ezmerch/tivo/

That being said, TMPGEnc is an interesting program in that although in
some respects it is EXPECTING raw transport data from a video capture
card (look at some of the defaults it has, particularly "Field
order"), yet it cannot accept the half-civilized video stream from
TiVo.

John