Error in audio packet header!

kill1967 johngibb at c...
Fri, 24 May 2002 11:01:11 -0000

Do yourself a favour and use Tivoapp 2.2 (with the included
ExtractStream)! For UK owners it's the easiest way to get a raw .ty
file onto your HD for splitting. BTW only extract to .ty the other
options generally result in corrupt .mpeg or split streams.

Next step is to get TyConvertStream 1.3 which *WILL* split UK PAL
TiVo streams and it does this job very, very well. What you've got is
a .m2v and a .m2a file. From there follow Roger's guide and you
should be fine. BTW redirect the output from TyConvertStream to a log
file, as you'll need to work out the audio offsets when multiplexing
back to mpeg2.

I've tried replacements for ExtractStream, but they really don't like
my TiVo streams (namely mfs_stream and sendstream).

Tivoapp is not perfect but zss splitstream and the others just don't
work with UK PAL/DVB streams.

Cheers,

John

--- In ExtractStream@y..., "Don McAllister" <donmc@b...> wrote:
> Thanks John, I have used Rogers guide before without much success
but I
> thought I'd give it another go and perhaps document the problems.
>
> Extracting the stream seems to be OK and I end up with a .ty file
on my
> PC. However, when trying to split the file as per Rogers
instructions