[ExtractStream] Re: Error in audio packet header!

Don McAllister donmc at b...
Fri, 24 May 2002 10:18:21 +0100

Thanks John, I have used Rogers guide before without much success but I
thought I’d give it another go and perhaps document the problems.

Extracting the stream seems to be OK and I end up with a .ty file on my
PC. However, when trying to split the file as per Rogers instructions
the following happens:

Followed http://www.30below.com/%7ezmerch/tivo/ ti the letter.

All software downloaded via links on the page.

NB This is a UK 2.5.5 PAL Tivo

OS used = Windows 200 professional
Telnet Client = NetTerm 4.2.d.2

1st Attempt
Used Sendstream to extract (used -w 5) rooms.ty file = 818,176KB

zss.exe failed to run requiring .dll

zzs5nc.exe produced:
bad-rooms.ty 816,000K
rooms.log 5KB
rooms.m2a 96KB
rooms.m2v 1,931KB

rooms.log contains various errors for example

Lots of:
Warning: unknown record type 5 in chunk 1 record 0

A few:
Warning: unknown record type 4 in chunk 16 record 28
audio failure 30:0x360 0x20:0x20:0x20 chunk 16 last audio time
00:16:55.616 last video time 00:00:04.280
hmpf: audio sequence not 0x2D1C40 at chunk 17 record 27
last audio time 06:30:19488.367 last video time 05:15:16252.998

2nd Attempt

Used Sendstream to extract (used -w 3) rooms2.ty file = 818,176KB

zzs5nc.exe produced
bad-rooms2.ty 816,000K
rooms2.log 5KB
rooms2.m2a 96KB