[Extractstream [MM]] Re: Flaky Tivo... <sniff>

John Douglass douglass at artships.com
Tue Sep 16 04:14:13 PDT 2003

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 23:54:07 -0400, you wrote:
>My TivoChunk #'s are currently at: 2128007 ... Has
>anyone else had any problems with their Tivos when the chunk# gets that high?

Mine are at around 1741967.  Were big numbers a problem, I would think
restoring the disk to a not-all-that-recent backup would change all
that.

> I'm still at single 40G 5400RPM hard drive

I put in a 5400rpm 120G drive that had 8M of buffer and noticed that
menu stuff started working much faster.  Certainly a recomendation,
especially if you can get a 7200rpm drive that takes little power,
such as a Samsung.

>I'm stepping up my efforts to "roll-my-own" tivo
>out of my Micro-footprint Athlon 1600+

When Tivo works so well?  I applaud your adventurous spirit.

>http://www.linuxfromscratch.org is a very good friend of mine... ;-) )

Thanks for the link.

John