[SA-exim] small requests

Patrice Fournier pfournier at loups.net
Wed, 29 May 2002 17:26:31 -0400

Quoting Marc MERLIN <marc@merlins.org>:
> On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 10:43:02PM -0400, Patrice Fournier wrote:

> Welcome to the club Patrice :-)

Thanks! :)

> > - SA-exim should create the required directories (SApermreject, ...)
> > when it has the rights to OR it should be written in the config file
> > that the directory must already exist.
>
> Mmmh, it's actually hard.
> The reason is that it runs as UID/GID mail or exim or whatever, and
> that user is typically not allowed to create directories in /var/spool

should be allowed to create directories in /var/spool/exim which is the
where they are when using your example config file...

> > - When rejecting mail, should (be able to) log the connected host IP
> > and the sender and recipients addresses as Exim won't do it.
>
> Mmmh, I'll add that to the wishlist.
> Mainlog, rejectlog or both?

I'd say both if we want to be consistent with how other rejects are logged
in Exim.

> On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 01:53:33AM -0400, Patrice Fournier wrote:
> > So anyway, I did a quick scan of local_scan.c and couldn't find where
> > this was written to log, do you get the complete (new) headers in exim
> > spool format of a spam in rejectlog when there is a permreject? How
> > would one disable this?
>
> See the bottom of the code

Thanks, I see it now.. When I read those comments before, I didn't
understood the second one to mean this...

Now, something new in this email:

I'd also like to have an option to save messages that are tagged as spam
but still let through. I know I could just set a router to do this, but I'd
prefer to keep the spam settings in sa-exim.

--
Patrice Fournier
pfournier@loups.net