[SA-exim] Marking up of identified spam - report_safe

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Thu Apr 17 10:22:33 PDT 2003

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 05:17:25PM +0100, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> I've not looked at SA-exim recently (used to run it a while back).
>
> Could someone let me know how it handles a recent SA (ie 2.50 or later)
> working in report_safe mode (where a new message is created for
> identified spam, and the original message is attached as a mail/rfc822
> component).

There is no support for that.
Adding it would be a little work for that matter, SA-Exim mostly worries
about refusing mail at SMTP time, even though it can obviously be used for
site-wide scanning and tagging, but not in report_safe mode which would
force me to scan the whole body of the message and do mime parsing to get
the spam headers, right?

> exiscan, at least, only mods the headers on identified spam, is sa-exim
> any different?

Nope, I also modify the headers (for that matter, exiscan copied sa-exim's
behaviour, not that I mind in the slightest way :-)

I'm getting closer to releasing 2.3 with a few more minor features, but
sa-exim 2.2 is very usuable, I've been running it on several sites for about
6 months now.