[SA-exim] A couple of questions

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Tue Aug 19 20:50:05 PDT 2003

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 10:01:18PM -0400, Justin F. Knotzke wrote:
>    I've been using SA-Exim now for a few weeks and its working very well
> indeed.
>
>    Checking my rejectlogs daily and I notice that most of my SPAMS are
> caught by Exim's callout and verify before SA-Exim is ever called.
>
>    Is this the case for most people?

Yes. Callouts still catch a boatload of spam (and a semi legit mail from
time to time too)

>    My next question concerns whitelists. I googled Marc's site
> lists.merlins.org and I found lots of references to per user whitelist
> but I would like to know how I can create a global whitelist. I
> specifically do not want to teergrub mails from debian.org.

That's not hard.
Look for SAteergrubecond in sa-exim.conf
You can do tests on the envelope or header sender domain, or
$sender_host_address which is the IP of the mail server sending you mail

That said, for mailing lists and so forth, I usually whitelist them in
/etc/spamassassin/local.cf as in:
more_spam_to            exim-users at exim.org