[SA-exim] Upgrade to SA-Exim 3.0 from 2.2

Tim Jackson lists at timj.co.uk
Mon May 26 11:25:46 PDT 2003

On 26 May 2003 06:46:23 +0200 Tony wrote:

> I don't know if anybody has rpms for Exim / SA-Exim

I have a spec file which includes an option for SA-Exim on
http://www.timj.co.uk/linux/exim.php - I haven't updated it to 4.20/SA3
yet but it shouldn't require a big change.

> I use rpms as little as possible.

OK, without wanting to wander too much OT, I've been wondering about this
for a while :) Is your distaste only for pre-built binary RPMs? Otherwise,
I can't see the disadvantage  - if you build yourself an RPM from source,
it's just the same as installing from source normally - except that you
get things nicely packaged and database-indexed...?

The day when I learnt how to build RPMs from source and make my own specs
solved a problem I'd personally felt a need to solve for a long time :)
Especially if you've got lots of patches etc. to programs (e.g. SA-Exim,
Exiscan, custom message patches etc.) - building with specs is verging on
a self-documenting system, at least for the compilation/installation
stage...and you can be sure you know where all the files are headed!

Tim