[SA-exim] How to apply localscan_dlopen.patch ?

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Tue May 27 20:32:48 PDT 2003

tir, 27.05.2003 kl. 15.42 skrev Jonathan Vanasco:

> What exactly is the correct build order for the following?

Oh dear. I don't know where to start. You don't know anything, do you?
still, at least you're honest, unlike some.

1: When you compile Exim, there's a file called src/EDITME. You have to
change things in that, to suit your required system. There might be many
things, there might be a couple. I have many. When you have finished,
you copy it to Local/Makefile.

However, when you run patch, it patches that file, so don't do that yet.
Just so that you know.

2. Make a directory for all your source files; for everything. Keep all
your sources for everything in subdirectories there. Lets say
/u/uxinstl, which is what I have. Make subdirectories in that, 'cd
/u/uxinstl;mkdir -p exim/server;cd exim/server'.

3: Download exim 4.20, download sa-exim 3.0, save them to
/u/uxinstl/exim/server, so that they are parallel to each other.

'bzcat exim-4.20.tar.bz2 | tar -xvf -'
'zcat sa-exim-3.0.tar.gz | tar -xvf -'

cd exim-4.20

patch -p1 < ../sa-exim-3.0/localscan_dlopen.patch

cp src/EDITME Local/Makefile

cd Local

Edit (vi :-))) Makefile, change what you have to. Tell it you don't want
Eximon for this example. When you've done, cd ..

make

wait

Lets presume the thing makes: Exim binary built

make install

cd ../sa-exim-3.0

make

(See, it makes ;)

cp sa-exim-3.0.so to wherever you want it, e.g. /usr/local/lib/exim4
(make that directory first)

cd to the exim directory where configure (the Exim config file is)

Make sure spamassassin.conf is there; if not, copy it from the
sa-exim-3.0 directory.

Read Mark's INSTALL and README docs to see what to do with
spamassassin.conf. Read Philip's spec.txt to see what to do with Exim's
configure :->>>

If you have Red Hat, there's a working /etc/init.d/exim attached here,
but you'll have to change things to suit your own configuration. Then do
'chkconfig --add exim'

Huff. I'm hungry - Success!

Tony

--