[SA-exim] sa-exim cvs with greylisting support

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Fri Mar 5 08:55:25 PST 2004

On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 10:41:07AM +0100, Sander Smeenk wrote:
> Quoting Marc MERLIN (marc at merlins.org):
>
> > I've implemented greylisting support in sa-exim mostly via a patch to
> > SpamAssassin.  This implementation is actually better than regular
> > greylisting as it only happens for messages that SA scores in the
> > middle (i.e. not certain it's ham or spam)
>
> I'm thinking of implementing this on my mailservers, but I have my
> doubts about what will happen to mail that comes in via my secmxes.
>
> 99% of the spam I receive is directed to my fallback mx'es.
> wont this badly affect the greylisting results?

Yes.

Even sa-exim in itself is not nearly as effective if you're not running it
on all your MXes.
That's even more true for greylisting

I need to submit my new code though, I've added support for reading the SA
flag from within SA, and increasing the tempreject score within sa-exim just
for that mail (instead of lowering the SA score because the sender is
whitelisted)