[SA-exim] external spamassassin

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Tue Jul 11 17:01:14 PDT 2006

On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 11:05:57AM +0200, Wolfgang Hennerbichler wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm using sa-exim for some days now, works nearly perfect. The only
> drawback is my spamassassin-version (debian stable). I'd like to use
> spamassassin from debian unstable, which would be more effective I
> guess. So I installed debian unstable on a separate machine. The new
> 'external' spamassassin itself is working already (with sa-exim
> module loaded), but I guess this won't work in combination with
> greylisting, as I would net the same /var/spool/sa-exim directory as
> the receiving mailserver (running exim4 with sa-exim) runs. Any hints
> on that? Should I share that directory via NFS or something?

Yeah, this is not a supported configuration. You could NFS export
it if you wanted

> Is there any plan on implementing all that greylisting-informational-
> stuff in mysql?

I'm not going to as I don't want my mail to depend on mysql, but it's a
small piece of code in perl in the SpamAssassin module that comes with
SA-Exim.
There is a switch statement at the top that is meant for people to add other
storage methods than local files

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/