[SA-exim] external spamassassin

Mark Lawrence nomad at null.net
Tue Jul 18 06:21:27 PDT 2006

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006, Marc MERLIN wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 11:05:57AM +0200, Wolfgang Hennerbichler wrote:

>> module loaded), but I guess this won't work in combination with
>> greylisting, as I would net the same /var/spool/sa-exim directory as
>> the receiving mailserver (running exim4 with sa-exim) runs. Any hints
>> on that? Should I share that directory via NFS or something?
>
> Yeah, this is not a supported configuration. You could NFS export
> it if you wanted

Hmmm? Is this actually the case?

* The sa-exim plugin for SA writes tuplets to the SA machine filesystem.
The ISWHITE rule is also run on the SA machine.

* Greylisting happens inside sa-exim based on the results returned through
the spamc interface to SA. No need to see /var/spool/sa-exim/tuplets/

SApermreject and SAtempreject are kept on the exim machine as normal.

So I think in fact this configuration does work and is what I actually
have running...

Cheers,
Mark.
--