[SA-exim] Feature request

Eduardo Diaz Comellas ediaz at ultreia.es
Thu Aug 30 13:50:04 PDT 2007

Hi!

I've been working with SA, Exim and sa-exim for a while. I can say I
really love how it works. I've found some problems in very busy servers
however. In very loaded scenarios I've found that SA triggers too much
load (and sometimes, deadlocks at the bayes db), causing a DoS.

To reduce the impact of the high load, I've managed to block (with
iptables) IP address that send specially high score spam (20 or more)
for a certain period. This is efective (> 2000 IP addresses blocked in a
30 minutes period), but still find that there are some spammers sending
a lot of messages in the first connection.

I think it would be very useful if sa-exim could implement another
action (apart from teergrube), that would consist on closing the
connection inmediately. This way, if a spammer sends a high scoring
mail, the connection would be dropped inmediately and he would have no
time to send more spam.

Is there any way to do this?

Regards